- Satellite Phone
- Globalstar GSP-1600
- Staying Connected Anywhere
- Purchase Globalstar GSP-1600
- Your Global Connection
- Specs and Features
- Globalstar GSP-1600
The GSP-1600 provides easy access to satellite voice and data services, including Internet and e-mail access, voicemail, incoming Short Messages, and position location. A complete accessory range allows for installation in vehicles, vessels and portable docking kits. #
Staying Connected Anywhere #
The Globalstar Handheld Phone is designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of customers who already depend on wireless communications, but find themselves in areas where cellular or radio coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible.
- Voice and Data Capabilities
- Crystal-Clear Voice Quality: Superior CDMA digital satellite quality
- Real World Data Speeds: 9.6 KBps
- Automatic System Select: Just turn up the satellite antenna, and your Globalstar phone will automatically seek out the Globalstar network
- Intuitive Display: Four-line, 48-character display shows battery level, voicemail status, short messages received and satellite signal quality
- Long Life Battery: 3.75 hours talk time, 19 hours standby time
- Built for extremes: Handset is operational from -20 to +55 degrees Celsius
Your Global Connection #
No matter where your remote jobsite is located, Globalstar is your trusted companion. The GSP-1600 delivers clear digital voice and data communications virtually anywhere, combining Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology and a constellation of multiple Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites.
LEO satellites enable Globalstar to practically eliminate voice delay and maintain optimum battery life. The handset is also compact, which makes it easy to travel with. Plus it’s reliable, ensuring superior voice quality and fewer dropped calls. Like many Globalstar products, the GSP-1600 provides a reliable, low-cost data solution that ensures the ability to send information via email or the Internet virtually anywhere in the world.
Globalstar Tri-Mode phones are designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of customers who already depend on wireless communications, but find themselves in areas where cellular or radio coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible. The Globalstar Tri-Mode phone is designed to complement existing fixed and cellular telephone networks by switching from terrestrial cellular telephony to satellite telephony as required. These features provide the Globalstar user the highest level of service and convenience.
Handheld Tri-Mode Phone Advantages: #
- Modes – Globalstar CDMA Satellite
– Cellular Digital CDMA (800 MHz)
– Cellular Analog AMPS (800 MHz)
- Comfortable and lightweight design
- Satellite antenna rotates and stows into the handset for convenience
- Easy to use and portable
A Wide Range of Globalstar Services Include: #
- Voice Mail Services
- Data Services
- Short Message Service (SMS)
- Display Position Location Information
Data Services: #
Through the GSP-1600, Globalstar offers efficient and reliable 9600 bps data services. Subscribers can access data services through the Globalstar network or through direct dial-up services from virtually anywhere in the world. Using the data cable to connect the Tri-Mode phone to a computer’s RS232 port, sending and receiving information has never been easier. The Globalstar Data Kit (not included) includes a software CD and cable for installation and use.
GSP-1600 Includes: #
- GSP-1600 Handset
- Lithium Ion Battery
- North American Wall Charger
- User Manual