Supporting Your Business at Sea, Anywhere #
With thousands of vessels and tankers traveling the world’s seas and oceans, reliable global communications can be a difference maker for fleet managers looking to optimize their daily activities and meet the growing demands of an increasingly global economy. Maritime merchants at sea with Iridium keep safe!
Iridium and its partners meet the needs of large and small commercial maritime operations with high-performance, flexible, cost-effective maritime voice and data communication solutions that keep vessels and crew connected to what matters most, over the planet’s entire surface.
Exceptional Reach, Reliability and Return on Investment #
A recognized maritime communications leader, Iridium offers customers several key competitive advantages, including:
- Connectivity in every corner of the Earth
- Data plans with up to 40% savings over competitors
- Flexible airtime packages with minimal (month-to-month) terms, helping improve cost efficiency for your business
- A continued commitment to providing best-in-class L-Band communications, giving you what you need rather than telling you what you want
- Easy access to the benefits of Iridium Certus
OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS #
A Link from Ship to Shore
With a range of value-added service providers, Iridium helps ship operators succeed in a competitive market by:
- Offering highly resilient communications of critical information needed while at sea
- Enabling greater levels of speed and efficiency for data communications such as up-to-date charts, weather reports and port information
- Providing three voice lines standard to enable simple operations and easy access for crew calling
- Offering smaller equipment that can be mounted higher on the ship, enhancing reliability
- Supporting more cost- and fuel-efficient operations
GMDSS from Pole-to-Pole #
The International Maritime Organization’s Maritime Safety Committee officially recognized Iridium to provide Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) services on May 21, 2018, ending a decades-long satellite industry monopoly. Iridium is now focused on implementing this service, with an expected launch as early as 2020, at a fraction of the price of competing solutions. Maritime merchants at sea with Iridium keep safe!
TRACKING AND MONITORING #
Ensure your Operations are Always on Track
Navigating remote waters under tight schedules involves a certain amount of unpredictability. Fortunately, ship operators can rely on Iridium machine-to-machine enabled solutions to access comprehensive asset tracking and monitoring data — enhancing safety, efficiency and compliance with regulatory standards.
The Only LRIT System Operating in Sea Area A4
Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) equipment is mandatory for all international voyages by passenger ships, high-speed craft, mobile offshore drilling units and cargo ships over 300 gross tons. Iridium enables LRIT via Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) service with truly global coverage and a range of high-performance dedicated device options.
CREW WELFARE #
In Touch With What Matters Most
Life at sea can take its toll on anyone on board. The ability to talk on the phone, exchange messages and conduct personal business can help improve crew morale and productivity — something only Iridium makes possible no matter where you are on the globe.
Flexible, Affordable Calling and Data Options
Iridium Pilot helps increase crew retention by letting crew send emails, browse the web, connect on social media, and make up to three voice calls at the same time, even at peak times and during data transmission.
Iridium Certus for Maritime
For years, the maritime industry has been forced into long-term contracts and expensive service plans because due to limited options for satellite broadband connectivity. Now, with Iridium Certus, mariners can realize the truly global advantages of the Iridium network for business operations, safety services, IoT applications, and crew welfare.
For the first time within the mobile satellite communications market, Maritime Merchants have a real choice and superior connectivity and it is available to the maritime community anywhere on the planet.