- Helping Operations Get Off the Ground
- Exceptional Value for Rotorcraft of Any Size
- The LEO Advantage
- Iridium is the only company to oﬀer rotorcrafts:
- Keeping Data Flowing to and From Rotorcraft
- OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Meeting the Needs of the Global Rotorcraft Community
- Fast. Simple. Global. PTT as it was Meant to Be.
- Flight Following From Pole-to-Pole
- PASSENGER COMMUNICATIONS
- Your Very Own Office in the Sky
- High Performance Broadband
- Smartphones Now Work Everywhere
- Unlocking Effective Fleet Management
Helping Operations Get Off the Ground #
From search and rescue and off-the-grid work, to executive transport and media reporting, helicopters are increasingly used to support a variety of missions, each with their own operational challenges. Chief among them is the need for reliable and affordable in-flight connectivity that performs under the blades. The Iridium Network excels at keeping helicopters connected on a global scope!
Iridium and its partners provide rotorcraft solutions that leverage low-cost avionics and antennas to deliver fleet monitoring, and flight diagnostics and voice communications to the rotary-blade. aircraft market.
Exceptional Value for Rotorcraft of Any Size #
Iridium offers customers several key competitive advantages, including:
- Robust, pole-to-pole satellite coverage
- Competitive universal rates, on the ground and in the air
- Low lifecycle costs of any long-range communications solution
- Small form factor equipment, making it easy to install
- Low-gain antenna options offering less drag on the aircraft
The LEO Advantage #
Iridium relies on the unique cross-linked architecture of its global constellation of 66 Low Earth Orbiting (LEO) satellites to provide performance and dependability in voice and data communications—everywhere on the planet; even on helicopters .
Iridium is the only company to oﬀer rotorcrafts: #
- Optimal degree “low look” angle connectivity near the horizon
- Dynamic routing of traﬃc among moving satellites in space
- Continuous network connection, regardless of antenna orientation
Keeping Data Flowing to and From Rotorcraft #
Through the power of high-value, global data communications, Iridium redefines operational control for rotorcraft with solutions that help operators meet the latest requirements for engine management and regulatory compliance. Specific capabilities include:
- Solutions that support Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) and Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) FAA requirements
- Access to an immediate picture of relevant operational parameters
- Tracking, exception reporting, trending data, alerts and alarms
OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS #
Meeting the Needs of the Global Rotorcraft Community #
As the only satellite network that provides connectivity under moving rotor blades, there are more than 15,000 rotorcraft equipped with Iridium solutions around the world. From the ground to the sky, Iridium enables fast, reliable means of transmitting critical voice and data communications for the rotorcraft community. Highly customized solutions for the rotorcraft market are designed to address specific challenges and needs, such as global data reporting, flight tracking and fleet management.
Fast. Simple. Global.
PTT as it was Meant to Be. #
Ideally suited for the rotorcraft industry, Iridium Push-to-Talk delivers low-latency group communication at the push of a button — with no limits, no compromise, anywhere on the planet.
Easy portable solution available with Iridium Extreme PTT or an aircraft fixed solution is available from Flightcell with the DZMx.
Flight Following From Pole-to-Pole #
Iridium-enabled solutions provide unmatched visibility of a helicopter’s movement – anywhere on the planet. Up-to-date information regarding route and air traffic, along with access to the latest weather charts and environmental conditions help to not only increase safety in the most remote regions, but also improve fleet management and overall operational efficiencies.
High Performance Broadband #
The Thales LiveAero solution, enabled by Iridium OpenPort Broadband Service, gives business rotorcraft the power of reliable, low-latency and high-speed in-flight connectivity for tablets and laptops – everywhere. Passengers with Wi-Fi-enabled devices have access to broadband, with connectivity through all stages of the flight.
Iridium Certus will offer broadband service for operational and passenger communications with greater speeds than ever before on a single user terminal. Iridium Certus is expected to be available for the aviation market by mid 2019.
Smartphones Now Work
Iridium GO provides global voice and text messaging for smartphone users with data capabilities offered through optimized apps. No worries. Just connected, wherever you are.
Unlocking Effective Fleet
Iridium data monitoring and flight tracking solutions support efficient business logistics at the very core, even on helicopters. Enhanced asset management, usage monitoring and resource management enable better fleet-wide coordination, from the most remote environments to dense urban centers.