- High-flying Business Aviation
- Exceptional Value for Aircraft of Any Size, Anywhere
- OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Meeting the Needs of the Global Business Aviation Community
- REAL-TIME DATA
- Keeping Data Flowing to and from Aircraft
- PASSENGER COMMUNICATIONS
- Your Very Own Office in the Sky
- High Performance Broadband in the Air — Now and Far Into the Future
- SAFETY SERVICES
- Iridium Certus for Aviation
High-flying Business Aviation #
Whether on the ground or in the air, business aviation never stops. With many organizations turning to business jets to save time and money on corporate travel, the demand for reliable in-flight voice and data connectivity is growing fast. Iridium is there to meet that demand, on a global scale.
Iridium and its partners provide business aviation solutions that are ideal for aircraft operators looking to keep crew and passengers connected — supporting email, fax, smartphone-enabled air-to-ground telephony, SMS, and data communications, everywhere on the planet.
Exceptional Value for Aircraft of Any Size, Anywhere #
A leader in aviation satellite communications, Iridium offers customers several key competitive advantages, including:
- Highly-reliable global coverage, for cockpit and cabin services
- Low, total lifecycle costs of long-range communications solution
- Small form factor equipment, making it easy to install
- Low-gain antenna options offering less drag on the aircraft
OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS #
Meeting the Needs of the Global
Business Aviation Community #
From the cockpit to the cabin, Iridium provides low-cost and reliable communications products and services for the aviation community — enabling the safe, timely and efficient passage of aircrafts to their destinations.
REAL-TIME DATA #
Keeping Data Flowing to and from Aircraft #
Iridium redefines operational control for business aircrafts by giving operators real-time access to global data, including:
- An immediate picture of relevant operational parameters
- Tracking, exception reporting, trending data, alerts and alarms
- The latest weather charts and environmental information
- Up-to-date information regarding route and air traffic
PASSENGER COMMUNICATIONS #
Your Very Own Office in the Sky #
With Iridium, offsite never means offline. Business travelers can stay in touch with their Wi-Fi-enabled devices, manage work tasks and receive important updates, from wheels up to wheels down — regardless of their location or flight path.
High Performance Broadband in the Air — Now and Far Into the Future #
The Thales LiveAero solution, enabled by Iridium OpenPort broadband service, gives business aircraft the power of reliable, low-latency, high-speed in-flight connectivity for tablets and laptops – everywhere. Passengers with Wi-Fi-enabled devices have access to broadband, with connectivity through all stages of the flight.
Iridium Certus will offer broadband service for operational and passenger communications with greater speeds than ever before on a single user terminal. Iridium Certus is expected to be available for the aviation market by mid 2019.
SAFETY SERVICES #
Cost-effective Safety Services #
At 35,000 feet in the air, safety is everything. A reliable, lower-cost alternative to traditional networks, Iridium is the only satellite communications provider capable of offering critical air-to-ground flight safety communications around the globe.
A Range of Global Flight Safety Solutions #
Iridium commercial aviation solutions keep crew, craft and passengers secure with global flight safety services such as:
- Air Traffic Service (ATS) Safety Voice
- Future Air Navigation System (FANS) over Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS)
- Aeronautical Operational Control/Airline Administrative Control (AOC/AAC) Communications
- Flight Following/Tracking
- Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Data Streaming
Iridium Certus for Aviation #
Iridium Certus will deliver high-performance broadband service from cockpit to cabin. Through small-form factor, low-profile antennas, Iridium Certus is ideal for aircraft operators looking to keep crew and passengers connected – supporting email, Internet, voice and data communications, everywhere on the planet.