Table of Contents
- Iridium Direct Internet
Customer Upgrade Advisory
- Iridium Direct Internet users must upgrade their software by October 31, 2016
- We would like to inform customers that Iridium upgraded their Iridium Direct Internet service on October 1, 2016.
- Following the upgrade, customers who use Iridium Direct Internet must update their software by October 31, 2016 to continue access to the service. Simply click the following link and pick out the appropriate installer needed: Iridium Direct Internet Software Download Page
- Which devices/services are affected by this notice?
- This upgrade affects Iridium handset users that use Direct Internet only. Iridium GO! and Iridium OpenPort/Pilot are not affected.
- I don't know whether I use Direct Internet?
- Iridium Direct Internet allows Iridium handset users to connect directly to the Internet via the Iridium Gateway using the handset as a modem. To access it, a handset dials the Direct Internet number and the receiving device or computer has the Direct Internet software installed. If you don't use your handset in this way, you are not affected.
- If you have any issues with downloading the new Direct Internet software or are still unsure whether you are affected, please feel free to contact us with our details below!
- Apollo SatCom Support: 1-844-248-0123