The Globalstar Sat-Fi2 Quick Start Guide assists you in getting your device up and connected so you can communicate outside of cellular networks
Important: Your SPOT X requires an active SPOT service plan subscription to communicate. The SPOT X features, up to and including S.O.S., will not work without first activating your device. If you encounter any issues feel free to contact Apollo SatCom for any assistance: Apollo SatCom Contact.
Connect the Micro USB Data/Power Cable to the SPOT X USB Data/Power Port and connect to either a computer or the AC Power Adapter. The battery with the lightning bolt icon will be visible while charging.
Once the battery icon indicates a full charge , disconnect the Power Cable from the SPOT X. Make sure the USB cover is firmly sealed to ensure the device’s waterproof capability.
Electronic Serial Number (ESN), Authorization Code and Mobile Device Number (MDN)
The ESN and Authorization Code can be found on the SPOT X device by selecting System Settings and scrolling to and selecting SPOT X Info. The ESN can also be found on the bottom of your SPOT X retail box. You will need both codes when setting up your SPOT MY ACCOUNT. Your MDN will be assigned after you complete the SPOT MY ACCOUNT activation process. Share this number with others so they can message you directly!
Activation Your SPOT X and Selecting a Service Plan
1. Go to FindMeSPOT.com/Activate
2. New SPOT customers should select Begin Activation to create a new SPOT account. Existing SPOT customers should login to their current SPOT account and select Add New SPOT Device.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to create an account, choose a service plan, and additional services for your SPOT X. Confirm your order to finish the SPOT MY ACCOUNT activation process.
IMPORTANT – SPOT X Firmware Update Required
Once you complete the SPOT My Account Activation, make sure your device is updated with the latest firmware. Syncing SPOT X with your SPOT My Account will be required for several features such as contacts and predefined messages to appear on your device.
Visit Apollo’s Current Firmware to download the latest SPOT X firmware updater.
Configuring Your SPOT X
1. Power on the SPOT X by quick pressing the Power button.
2. You can start the configuration process by selecting your desired language, time and date setting, and follow all onscreen instructions
GPS Signal Available
GPS Signal Unavailable
12 Hour Format
24 Hour Format
Main Menu Actions
Create New Messages
Reply to Message
Create New Contact
Include Elevation with Messages
Include GPS Coordinates with Message
Create New Waypoint
Navigate to Location
Sent Message Status
Message Sent to Queue
Message Sent – Delivery Unconfirmed
The Globalstar SPOT X can hold up to 70 contacts and/or contact groups. Contacts can be manually added through the SPOT X or through SPOT MY ACCOUNT. If added through SPOT MY ACCOUNT, syncing is required using the SPOT X Firmware Updater.
Manually Adding a Contact
1. On the Main Menu screen, select to display the Messages screen, then select Contacts.
2. On the Contacts screen, select to display the New Contact screen (Figure 2).
3. Enter the required information and select to save the contact to your SPOT X device.
If both Email and SMS/TEXT fields are filled in, the SPOT X will create two separate contacts, one for each field.
4. Additionally, the sync required icon (Figure 3) will appear next to the new contact’s name and in the Status Bar. This indicates that the SPOT X will need to sync with SPOT MY ACCOUNT, if you would like the contact to be uploaded to your contact list in SPOT MY ACCOUNT.
NOTE: See the User Guide for instructions on how to add contacts through SPOT MY ACCOUNT
SPOT X Operating Temperatures
Prolonged use or storage of your SPOT X in direct sunlight or in a vehicle may cause the device to overheat and/or damage its battery. SPOT X can withstand operating in temperatures of -4F to +140F (-20C to +60C).
Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your SPOT X directly from your SPOT My Account. Once you’ve linked your accounts you will be able to send 140 character updates to those accounts from your SPOT X at any time. Syncing SPOT X with your SPOT account is required for social media to appear as a contact on your device.
Simply create a new message, select to access your contact list, and choose Facebook and/or Twitter as a contact.
With SPOT X, your friends and family can track your progress in near real-time using SPOT Share Page with Google Maps™, giving them a virtual breadcrumb trail of your adventure.
Selecting the Tracking Interval
The SPOT X default tracking interval is 10 minutes. Depending upon your service plan, you can select from tracking intervals of 2½, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes.
On the Main Menu, select , then scroll to and select Tracking Interval and choose from the list of available intervals. All non-subscribed tracking intervals will be grayed out.
1. Power on the SPOT X and long press the Track button on the SPOT X device for 3 seconds or until the tracking icon appears in the Status Bar. Or from the Main Menu screen, select followed by Start Tracking (Figure 11).
2. Once your GPS position is acquired, SPOT X will send your tracks in accordance with the tracking interval you have selected until you manually stop tracking, the SPOT X detects no movement, or you power off the SPOT X device.
3. While Tracking is active, SPOT X should remain outside in clear view of the sky with no obstructions in order to maintain network connectivity.
Long press the Track button on the device for 3 seconds and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also cancel Tracking by selecting Stop Tracking from the Tracking screen and follow the onscreen instructions (Figure 12).
Create and Send a Message
1. On the Main Menu screen, select to display the Messages screen, and then select Inbox.
2. On the Messages screen, select to compose a new message.
3. Select to add contacts.
4. Once you have selected a contact, select the Message field to display the New Message screen (Figure 4). Enter a message of up to 140 characters and select Done. NOTE: You can include your Elevation and/or GPS Coordinates by clicking on the box next to the and icons (Figure 5).
5. Select to send your message
Make messaging even easier by sending a Predefined Message. These messages can only be created in your SPOT MY ACCOUNT and up to 14 Predefined Messages can be stored on your SPOT X. Syncing SPOT X with your SPOT MY ACCOUNT is required for Predefined Messages to appear on your device.
To send a Predefined Message, simply create a new message and select the Predefined Messages button to access the Predefined Messages you have created.
Check In with friends and family by quickly sending a predefined message and/or email along with your GPS coordinates. The Check In message will include a link to Google Maps containing the SPOT X’s location. The Check In messages can be created and assigned to contacts via SPOT MY ACCOUNT at any time.
Sending a Check In Message
On the Main Menu screen, simply select and the pre-programmed message will be sent to your pre-assigned contacts.
Calibrating the Compass
Your SPOT X uses a digital compass to give accurate heading and bearing information. The SPOT X automatically checks compass calibration and will instruct you to calibrate when necessary.
1. On the Main Menu, select , then select Settings and scroll to and select the Calibrate Compass button.
2. The Calibrate Compass screen will be displayed. Select Start Calibration to begin and follow the onscreen instructions.
Important Notice: S.O.S. Mode Should Only Be Used During Life Threatening Emergencies. Sending False S.O.S. Messages May Subject You To Liability For Additional Charges.
Activate the S.O.S. mode to begin communicating and sending alerts directly to GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC). GEOS IERCC will notify the appropriate emergency responders based on the SPOT X’s GPS location and your emergency situation. Responders may include local police, Coast Guard, or Search and Rescue teams. For full details about GEOS IERCC, please visit FindMeSPOT.com/GEOS.
1. Power on device, lift cover, long press the S.O.S. button for 3 seconds or until S.O.S. screen is displayed, or select S.O.S. from the Main Menu screen and follow the onscreen instructions.
2. The S.O.S. icon should appear on the Status Bar to indicate that S.O.S. has been initiated (Figure 6).
3. Once S.O.S. is initiated, GEOS IERCC will be notified of your emergency. SPOT will continuously send S.O.S. notifications with your GPS position to GEOS IERCC every 5 minutes until S.O.S. is cancelled or the SPOT X is powered off.
4. SPOT will then allow you to communicate 2-Way, via message, with GEOS IERCC by selecting the Text GEOS button
5. Upon activating S.O.S., the device will terminate all previously queued messages waiting to be transmitted as well as Navigation, Check In, Social, and Tracking if active. The SPOT X device will be locked down on S.O.S. Mode and you will not be able to send messages to anyone other than GEOS IERCC until S.O.S. is cancelled.
6. While S.O.S. is active, the SPOT X should remain outside in clear view of the sky with no obstructions in order to maintain network connectivity.
Lift cover, long press the S.O.S. button for 3 seconds and follow the onscreen instructions, or select Cancel S.O.S. from the S.O.S. screen. (Figure 7).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
[ Placeholder content for popup link ]
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin