When you think of Africa, what comes to mind? Do you think of African safaris with zebras and lions? Do you think of diamond and coal mines? Do you think of South Africa? Do you think of deserts and varied landscapes? No matter what comes to mind, you can be sure that Africa is like no other continent on earth. In fact, according to Interesting Facts, Africa has amazing things that make it unique.
- The African continent has the second largest population in the world, at about one billion people.
- Well over 1,000 languages are spoken by the people of Africa. Some estimates put this number closer to 2,000.
- The largest religion in Africa is Islam, followed by Christianity.
- The African population is approximately 14.72% of the world's population (as of 2009).
- The oldest human remains ever discovered were found in Ethiopia. They are approximately 200,000 years old.
With so much going on in one continent, it is easy to see why anyone would go there for business, travel, or to live. However, Africa is a land of many faces. At about 11.7 million square miles long, Africa is the second largest continent on earth. In addition, it has the following geographical features.
- The longest river in the world, the Nile (4,132 miles), is located in Africa.
- Africa has the world's largest desert, the Sahara, which is almost the size of the United States.
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa; it is 355 feet high and one mile wide.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain on the continent. It towers over 19,300 feet, which is so tall that glaciers can be found at its summit even though the mountain is near the equator.
- Madagascar is the largest island in Africa and the fourth largest island in the world. It is in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa.
With so many reasons to visit, one can imagine how prepared someone must be when going to visit Africa for any reason. This is especially true when it comes to being able to communicate with those you traveled with while in Africa or those back home. Even though technology has made communication easier, as you can see from the facts on Africa and its topography, there are places where regular cell phones will fail due to extreme weather or no cellular towers. This can cost lives, especially if you are going there to visit wildlife, climb a mountain, do business in the diamond minds, do scientific research in a remote area, or are trying to get off the grid.
In order to avoid the hazards of not having proper cellular coverage, it is wise to consider the use of a Africa satellite phone. Purchasing or renting a satellite phone for use in Africa will allow you to stay in constant contact with those you traveled with and those back home. That is because the phones use top of the line satellites to bounce signals off from all over the world. Satellites can handle more data and are more reliable than the average cell phone tower your regular phone uses. In fact, according to Vizocomsat, “Satellite communications are not dependent on terrestrial systems, but utilize a satellite orbiting the Earth. This allows satellite communication systems to receive a signal over a much wider area. A satellite device can connect anywhere as long as it is covered by the satellite beam.” This means you can get service anywhere, at anytime, in any weather conditions. Plus, you will still be able to use familiar features such as GPS.
At Apollo SatCom, we have the latest technology and services to allow you to get the service you need. For example, we use industry leaders in satellite communication like Iridium, Inmarsat, and Thuraya. They have the most up to date satellites in orbit and technology on the ground to work with those satellites. When you go through us for your African satellite phone rental, you can rest assured you are working with the best and most reliable satellite technology companies in the world.
One such plan that has all that you need to meet your needs when in Africa is the Iridium Africa 300 Min Prepaid Satellite Phone Card. This Iridium Africa Prepaid Service is for a year. The minutes roll over, and it comes with the following features.
- Voicemail capability included at no charge
- Data service capability included at no charge
- SMS/Short email capability included at no charge
- Billing in 20 second increments
- Outgoing SMS messages are billed at 1/10 of a minute
When using an Africa Satellite Internet provider, a plan like this is one is hard to beat for only $280 dollars. This plan has a coverage area that should meet your needs as you traverse Africa. You can use it in Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Juan De Nova Island, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa (including Prince Edward Islands), United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe. You can see that this plan can meet your needs no matter where you go in Africa. And, the service plan is not all we offer.
We are a one-stop-shop for your Africa satellite phone rentals. We offer the phones, accessories, hotspots, land terminals, services, and support. When you choose to purchase this time-tested and reliable technology with us, you are choosing to organize your ability to communicate. You can rest assured knowing you will have no communication issues or miss your smartphone with our plans and products.
So, the next time you are planning on going to Africa to explore the untamed wild, view the majestic waterfalls, climb the biggest mountains, or see the biggest deserts, you can go knowing our phones and services will keep you in touch with those who matter. With this peace of mind, you can focus on the purpose of your visit and make it meaningful. Perhaps you will make the next big scientific breakthrough, capture the most amazing photos, broker the next big business deal, or just get away from it all with family. You can do this with no hassle or worries thanks to Apollo SatCom.