RedPort Users Should Wait
Before Upgrading to Catalina
What is happening?
On October 7, 2019, Apple released Mac OS 10.15 Catalina. RedPort recommends that XGate users do not upgrade to Catalina at this time in order to retain complete functionality of XGate and avoid potential usage conflicts. RedPort has identified two issues:
- Catalina is not able to open current versions of XGate. Current versions of XGate will not open due to a change in the way that Apple handles authentication upon opening an app.
- Catalina is not able to work with the current version of iScribe, which is the default email client for XGate users on a Mac.
When will it be fixed?
- XGate users and licensees can contact our support team to obtain a version of XGate that Catalina can open, but it will unfortunately not work with iScribe. This version will allow XGate to work with other email clients including Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Outlook, and more.
- iScribe developers are working on a new version that Catalina will work with, although, there is not currently a target date for availability as of yet.
- Mac users should not upgrade to Catalina if they wish to continue to use XGate and access current emails using the iScibe email client.
- If a customer has already installed Catalina, they can contact support to obtain a version of XGate that Catalina can open, but it will unfortunately not work with iScribe. This version will allow XGate to work with other email clients including Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and more. Please note: For clients that have already upgraded, there will be no access to stored iScribe emails until the new version is available.
- As an XGate user please fell free to work directly with our customer support team to hash out any issues that you may have. We are always here to help with anything that you need!
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact us at any time 24/7: +1 (844) 248-0123.