- Version 1.0
- Download 48
- File Size 2.23 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date November 13, 2019
- Last Updated November 13, 2019
The Iridium Extreme™ GPS and Location-Based Service features allow you to view, send, or restrict your location information. There are four main
components to setup and use these features:
• Location Options Setup Menu: located in the Iridium Extreme™ main menu in the setup section, Location Options Options is where you
customize your GPS, emergency, message, and format options.
• Programmable SOS button: this red button is located on the top of the phone, under a protective cover. By removing the cover and and
pressing the red button you can send your location information to your designated contact in the event of an emergency.
• Location Convenience Key: located on the right side of the phone, you can to press this key to view your location and share it via SMS to either
a pre-programmed “Quick GPS” contacts or a new message contact.
• Online portal integration with 3rd party providers: enables the transmission of the phone’s location information on a scheduled interval via short-burst data (SBD) to 3rd party portal providers for online tracking
Note: Standard usage fees apply for sharing location via messaging or placing a phone call via the programmable SOS button.
Location Options Setup Menu
The Location Options Setup Menu enables you to set up the following options:
• GPS Options: Enable/disable GPS on your handset; determine how frequently the GPS is updated when enabled; and lock your GPS settings.
• Emergency Options: Set up Emergency Recipients; determine Emergency Actions; configure Emergency settings; and enter/cancel Emergency Mode.
• Message Options: Set up the recipient and frequency of your auto GPS location update message.
• Format: Configure the format of GPS location information.
• Current Location: View and update your current GPS location